Re: Figure Resolution

From: Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Feb 03 2013 - 08:10:00 MST

Although I do not have experience with the exact size you speak of, I can
generally say that the best bet for poster printing is to use a vector
graphics type if possible. Specifically, the ps/eps type and pdf type will
scale to infinitely large sizes without the loss of resolution and look
great on posters of all sizes.

If you wish to use a traditional image type, I suggest making the pixel
width/heights such that when you put the image into the poster file, the
image is either used at full size or will need to be somewhat reduced. This
effectively ensures that the image shouldn't become pixelated when printed.

Hope that helps.

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2@wisc.edu