WRAPIT -- error while running ncl script

From: BasitAli Khan <BasitAli.Khan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 01:12:15 MST

Hi there,

Sorry, if the same email is posted before. i had problem with email system and i am not sure if my first email reached its destination.

I am trying to use WRAPIT to use some fortran code with ncl. I am using ncl 6.0. and started with example 1 i.e. http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml#Example_1
Step 1 and 2 were ok and I got the shared object file ex01.so nice and clean. I then set the envi variable NCL_DEF_LIB_DIR as advised, however, when I ran ncl script (step 3) i got the following errors:

-bash-4.1$ ncl abc.ncl
 fatal:Could not open (/home/khanb/junk/shared/ex01.so): /home/khanb/junk/shared/ex01.so: undefined symbol: arcln_.
warning:An error occurred loading the external file ./ex01.so, file not loaded
./ex01.so: undefined symbol: arcln_
warning:error at line 1 in file abc.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 10 in file abc.ncl before or near :
   EX01:
-------^

fatal:error in statement
fatal:syntax error: line 19 in file abc.ncl before or near :
   arclen = EX01:
----------------^

fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 23 in file abc.ncl

I guess, i am making some small silly mistake. Would greatly appreciate if somebody could help me getting through this.

Best regards,

----
Basit A. Khan, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Division of Physical Sciences & Engineering
Office# 3204, Level 3, Building 1,
King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
4700 King Abdullah Blvd, Box 2753, Thuwal 23955 –6900,
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Office: +966(0)2 808 0276,  Mobile: +966(0)5 0860 3617
E-mail: basitali.khan@kaust.edu.sa<mailto:basitali.khan@kaust.edu.sa>
Skype name: basit.a.khan
This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.