Re: About Polar Stereographic Projections

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 09:33:53 MST

On Feb 11, 2013, at 5:37 AM, Cheung wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> Attached is a figure that I want to modify for 3 purposes:
>
> 1) enlarge the character label of longitude degree

Try setting the special "gsnPolarLabelFontHeightF" resource. I usually start with a value of 0.02

    res@gsnPolarLabelFontHeightF = 0.02

2) this figure shows a half globe, I wanna zoom in to about -70S to -90S

   res@mpMaxLatF = -70

  res@mpGridAndLimbOn = False

> Regards
> Cheung

By the way, you could have gotten some answers on these questions by going to
our "tips" page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/concepts_list.shtml

and searching for the word "polar". You have to keep searching to look through all the
topics, but eventually you will see these tips:

Increasing the font size of labels in a polar plot
    font_2.ncl (fonts)

and

Zooming in on a particular area on a polar stereographic map
    conLab_6.ncl (contour labels)
    ice_3.ncl (CESM ice model)
    lb_12.ncl (labelbars)