ESMF Interpolation with Missing Values

From: Barton, Neil P. <barton30_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2013 - 13:28:16 MST

Hello,

I'm having problems interpolating data using ESMF_regrid when my source data have missing values. I am assigning the source data a _FillValue before the ESMF_regrid call. This _FillValue assignment seems to work when reading the source data, but not during the interpolation. For example when I interpolate Temperature data, I receive the below output.

(0) ESMF_regrid_with_weights: dstData
(0) Dimensions: 405 120 120
(0) minSrcData: 216.432
(0) maxSrcData: 295.866
(0) minDstData: -15.5592
(0) maxDstData: 283.523

As shown, the minDstData is much less than the minSrcData (and unrealistic), and I am assuming this is because the _FillValue is set to –9999.0. Any help is greatly appreciated. I attached my ncl script to this email.

Thank you very much,

Neil