Cyclonic Genesis and Track

From: mdw4 <Md.Wahiduzzaman_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2013 - 19:45:31 MST

Hello

This is Mohammed. I'm a new user of NCL. I'll use NCL for my thesis. I would like to draw the cyclonic storm genesis point and their track over North Indian Ocean. I've used netcdf file. I can draw the genesis point (find the attached ps)but still don't know how to add the time as the data range from ibtracts is 1842-2011. I have attached few scripts and data for your consideration.

My query:
1. How can I add the time range for example 1961-2011 and If I would like to ignore the data whose wind speed is less than 34 knots then how can i add ??
2. If I plot one year data then it shows the number of cyclone genesis points but how can i draw the points of each cyclone respect to day and hours basis for example genesis point of SIDR in 2007 from the data set?
3. How can I plot the cyclonic tracks over NIO and also for example one year like 1991 or specifically SIDR in 2007??

I look foreword to hearing from you at your earliest opportunity.

Cheers
-Mohammad