R: Re: Taylor Diagram

From: <markus.mingel_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2013 - 12:01:18 MST

Sorry for being vague...after several attempts the script works, but I am not
sure it is doing what I want.

My purpose is comparing the mean annual cycle of simulated surface temperature
from different models with observations.

First, following the script taylor_7.ncl I defined:

SEASONS = (/ "ANN" /)

The script correctly reads the model and data, and both have the dimensions of
180x360x12. However after these calls:

cdata = getData( fc, VAR_COMPARE(nv), SEASONS(ns), gw, False )
tdata = getData( ft, VAR_COMPARE(nv), SEASONS(ns), gw, False )

both cdata and tdata have the dimensions of 180x360, therefore all the
statistics computed after getData are based on the spatial pattern rather than
on the comparison of the time series. Or am I wrong and the script is doing
what I want?

Thanks again for the help

Best
Markus

guidelines for information on how to get help, and how to email us with
questions about your script: