Re: Plot rotation

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 27 2013 - 13:38:25 MST

Hi Jeff,

If you set

   res@gsnMaximize = True

then this will cause NCL to maximize the size of your plot in whatever output you send it to.

In the case of a PS or PDF file, the default is 8-1/2" x 11", so if your plot is wider than it
is high, this means NCL will rotate the plot 90 degrees to better fit on the page ("landscape").

If you don't want this, then set:

  res@gsnPaperOrientation = "portrait"

--Mary