Re: histogram problem

From: David Adams <dave.k.adams_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 25 2013 - 07:03:14 MST

Hi Mary et al.
yes, thatīs correct, I needed to use gsnHistogramBinIntervals. The
following gives the correct histograms for the distribution of convective
events by month.

thanks,
Dave

begin
ncol1 = 1
nlvl = 278

seasonal_data =
asciiread("Seasonal_dates_convective_events.dat",(/nlvl,ncol1/), "integer")
day = seasonal_data(:,0)

wks = gsn_open_wks("pdf", "Time_local_hour_event_histogram")
  ; Make histogram plot but donīt plot it yet
  res = True
  res@gsnDraw = False
  res@gsnFrame = False
  res@gsnHistogramClassIntervals(/1,31,59,90,120,151,181,212,243,273,304,334,
365/)
   plot = gsn_histogram(wks,day,res)

  delete(res@gsnDraw)
  delete(res@gsnFrame)

  res@tmXBMode = "Explicit" ; Define tick mark labels.
  res@tmXBValues = plot@MidBarLocs
  res@tmXBLabels = (/"J","F","M","A","M","J","J","A","S","O","N","D"/)
  plot=gsn_histogram(wks,day,res) ; create histogram

  draw(plot)
end