Re: VIIRS satellite missing data in ncl

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Feb 24 2013 - 22:54:39 MST

Hi Bruce,

To have NCL ignore missing values, you need to set the special "_FillValue" attribute of your data:

   data@_FillValue = -999

"data" needs to be whatever your data variable is called, and "-999" needs to be replaced with whatever your missing values are.

However, I'm not sure this is the source of your problem. Do you also have this resource set?

   res@gsnAddCyclic = False

This prevents a longitude cyclic point from being added, which you don't want if you have regional data.

If none of this helps, then it would help us to see a summary of your data variable, i.e.

   printVarSummary(data)

--Mary