Change of dimension size

From: Jianwei Li <jianweili.2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 05 2013 - 12:08:19 MST

Hi,

I have a netcdf file with 5 dimensions and 8 variables as shown below.
I want to change the dimension "soil size: 10" to "soil size: 20",
with the output file should keep all variables and data from the
original file.

Does anyone have the idea?
I appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Jianwei

[1] "file E:/Jianwei/sample.nc <http://gridinfo.nc> has 5 dimensions:"
[1] "longitude Size: 360"
[1] "latitude Size: 150"
[1] "patch Size: 1"
[1] "soil Size: 10"
[1] "time Size: 12"
[1] "------------------------"
[1] "file E:/Jianwei/sample.nc <http://gridinfo.nc> has 8 variables:"
[1] "float area[longitude,latitude] Longname:area Missval:-99"
[1] "int iveg[longitude,latitude] Longname:classification of veg type
Missval:-1"
[1] "float patchfrac[longitude,latitude,patch] Longname:Patch
fraction; 1.0 for 1x1 grid Missval:-1"
[1] "int isoil[longitude,latitude] Longname:Zobler soil type Missval:-1"
[1] "float soilmoist[longitude,latitude,soil,time] Longname:Soil
moisture profile from previous GSWP runs Missval:-1"
[1] "float soiltemp[longitude,latitude,soil,time] Longname:Soil
temperature profile from previous GSWP runs Missval:-1"
[1] "float SnowDepth[longitude,latitude,time] Longname:SnowDepth Missval:-1"
[1] "float LAI[longitude,latitude,time] Longname:Leaf area index Missval:-1"