FW: monthly lag-lead correlations

From: Nkese Mc Shine <Nkese.McShine_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 08:36:40 MST

________________________________
From: ncl-talk-bounces@ucar.edu [ncl-talk-bounces@ucar.edu] on behalf of Nkese Mc Shine [Nkese.McShine@sta.uwi.edu]
Sent: 26 February 2013 11:53
To: ncl-talk@ucar.edu
Subject: monthly lag-lead correlations

Dear All,

I would like to perform a monthly lag-lead cross-correlation between my sst anomalies and precipitation anomalies. However I am getting the error at the end of the page. Attached is my script can someone suggest where I went wrong?

Copyright (C) 1995-2012 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

Variable: time1
Type: double
Total Size: 13344 bytes
            1668 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [time | 1668]
Coordinates:
            time: [16383360..17601072]
Number Of Attributes: 6
  long_name : Time
  bounds : time_bnds
  standard_name : time
  units : hours since 1-1-1 00:00:0.0
  actual_range : ( 16383360, 17601072 )
  delta_t : 0000-00-01 00:00:00

Variable: sstnew
Type: float
Total Size: 432345600 bytes
            108086400 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 180] x [lon | 360] x [time | 1668]
Coordinates:
            lat: [89.5..-89.5]
            lon: [-179.5..179.5]
            time: [187001..200812]
Number Of Attributes: 10
  description : HadISST 1.1 monthly average sea surface temperature
  actual_range : ( -1.8, 34.76296 )
  missing_value : -1e+30
  _FillValue : -1e+30
  scale_factor : 1
  cell_methods : time: lat: lon: mean
  add_offset : 0
  units : degC
  standard_name : sea_surface_temperature
  long_name : Monthly 1 degree resolution SST
(0)
(0) Monthly 1 degree resolution SST: min=-1.8 max=34.763

Variable: sst_region
Type: float
Total Size: 45858336 bytes
            11464584 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 82] x [lon | 191] x [time | 732]
Coordinates:
            lat: [40.5..-40.5]
            lon: [-179.5..10.5]
            time: [194601..200612]
Number Of Attributes: 10
  long_name : Monthly 1 degree resolution SST
  standard_name : sea_surface_temperature
  units : degC
  add_offset : 0
  cell_methods : time: lat: lon: mean
  scale_factor : 1
  _FillValue : -1e+30
  missing_value : -1e+30
  actual_range : ( -1.8, 34.76296 )
  description : HadISST 1.1 monthly average sea surface temperature
(0)
(0) Monthly 1 degree resolution SST: min=1.66987 max=32.8006

Variable: sst_anom
Type: float
Total Size: 45858336 bytes
            11464584 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 82] x [lon | 191] x [time | 732]
Coordinates:
            lat: [40.5..-40.5]
            lon: [-179.5..10.5]
            time: [194601..200612]
Number Of Attributes: 12
  anomaly_op_ncl : Annual Cycle Removed:function rmMonAnnCycLLT:contributed.ncl
  description : HadISST 1.1 monthly average sea surface temperature
  actual_range : ( -1.8, 34.76296 )
  missing_value : -1e+30
  _FillValue : -1e+30
  scale_factor : 1
  cell_methods : time: lat: lon: mean
  add_offset : 0
  units : degC
  standard_name : sea_surface_temperature
  long_name : Monthly 1 degree resolution SST
  reference : function rmMonAnnCycLLT in contrib.ncl
(0)
(0) Monthly 1 degree resolution SST: min=-4.30175 max=6.04899

Variable: precipanom_data_ts
Type: float
Total Size: 2928 bytes
            732 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [732]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : 9.96921e+36
warning:esccr: Non-fatal conditions encountered: all missing or constant values

warning:esccr: Non-fatal conditions encountered: all missing or constant values

Variable: ccrmo1
Type: float
Total Size: 187944 bytes
            46986 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [82] x [191] x [3]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : -1e+30

Variable: ccrmo2
Type: float
Total Size: 187944 bytes
            46986 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [82] x [191] x [3]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : 9.96921e+36
fatal:Number of subscripts on rhs do not match number of dimensions of variable,(1) Subscripts used, (3) Subscripts expected

fatal:["Execute.c":7743]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 99 in file hadsst3.ncl

Regards,
Nkese.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information. Any duplication, copying, distribution, dissemination, transmission, disclosure or use in any manner of this email (including any attachments) without the authorisation of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email (including any attachments) in error, please notify the sender and delete this email (including any attachments) from your system. Thank you.