Re: Convert GRIB to netCDF

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 25 2013 - 13:33:32 MDT

Renata,

Attached are two NCL programs to convert multiple Grib files to one
Netcdf file. They are customized for a particular subset of the
ERA-Interim data set, available from NCAR. It sounds like your
application might be similar to mine. Feel free to make use of these
programs or copy parts of them, if they would be of any help.

The particular value added is looping over date-time encoded Grib file
names, and intelligent updating where you can easily append new time
steps to an existing Netcdf file.

--Dave A.
NOAA/PSD/CIRES Climate Analysis Branch