Re: Drawing polygons on a time series

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 03 2013 - 08:47:29 MDT

Hi Chris,

There are a few issues:

 - gsn_add_polygon should be used on closed areas only.

 - The polygon x,y arrays must be in the same data space as the X and Y axis of the plot you are adding them to. You are using "(/1,2,3,...,30/)" for the Y axis which is not closed, and I'm not sure this is the correct data space of your plot. Your data space is represented by the arrays time(1416:6551) and wspd_70(1416:6551), so your polygon locations should be in the same space.

  - gsEdgeColor should be set to a color, and not to True.

Please fix these issues in your script and email ncl-talk if you still have problems.

--Mary