Re: switching spline interpolation for Hovmoeller?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2013 - 12:28:31 MDT

Hi Kristina,

It's likely that you need to convert your time values to another format. If you have really large values, and then you try to use them as coordinates on an axis, NCL may have trouble trying to align them properly on the axis. I usually tell people to ignore the suggestion about adjusting "trYTensionF", and instead try rescaling their axis values if possible.

I don't know what your time values look like, but look at the "cd_convert" function for converting them to different units.

See the second example at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/cd_convert.shtml

It shows how you can use this function to replace your existing time coordinate array.

--Mary