Regrid variable of byte

From: Jiang, Lifen <lfjiang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 26 2013 - 11:14:17 MDT

Dear NCL members,

I have a data file of two dimensions (lat and lon) about global biomes. The resolution is 0.083¡ã ¡Á 0.083¡ã and variable type is byte. Different values stand for different biome types, e.g. "1" refers to tropical forests.

I am wondering if I can regrid this data file to 1¡ã ¡Á 1¡ã, by replacing the values in these grid cells with the most common occurred value. For example, if the highest frequency occurred in these grids is ¡°1¡±, then the final value for this grid cell after regridding is ¡°1¡±.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Lifen