Calculate sums for different biomes

From: Jiang, Lifen <lfjiang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 25 2013 - 16:36:57 MDT

Dear NCL members,

I have a challenging purpose in my case and am looking for help.

I have two data files with same dimensions (lat and lon) and resolution. One is global carbon density with unit of kg/m2. The other is global biomes with several different values and each value stands a biome type, e.g. "1" refers to tropical forests.

Now I need to calculate total carbon for each biome. Is there any way or examples to use NCL' wgt_areasum2 to obtain the sums of different biomes?

I greatly appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Lifen