Request

From: nand_s <sachin.nand_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 07 2013 - 16:08:20 MDT

Hello Recipient,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your assistance. I have gone through each and every response I have got from NCL developers but I was bit confused at some response that's why what ever addition to the code I was given by NCL developers I use to paste it in my original NCL code and run it but still all the time its generating some errors. This is the original code and i wanted to request for the code which can merge the profiles of a single float. The given code generates separate graph's for different profiles.

> ;************************************************

> begin

> ;************************************************

> ; get list of files

> ;************************************************

> diri = "pacific-12-2012/pacific/2012/12/" ; input directory

> fili = systemfunc("cd "+diri+" ; ls nodc_R5900666_288.nc")

> print(fili)

> nfili = dimsizes(fili)

> ;************************************************

> ; plot resources

> ;************************************************

> res = True ; plot mods desired

> res@trYReverse = True ; reverse Y-axis

> res@xyLineThicknessF = 2 ; choose dash patterns

> res@gsnDraw = False

> res@gsnFrame = False

> resP = True

> resP@gsnMaximize = True

> plot = new (2, "graphic")

> ;************************************************

> ; read in data: there is only 1 time, 1 lat, 1 lon

> ;************************************************

> do nf=0,nfili-1

> f = addfile (diri+fili(nf),"r")

> t = f->temperature(0,:,0,0)

> s = f->salinity(0,:,0,0)

> if (nf.eq.0) then

> printVarSummary(t)

> printVarSummary(s)

> end if

> ;************************************************

> ; plotting parameters

> ;************************************************

> sfx = get_file_suffix(fili(nf),0)

> pname = sfx@fBase

> wks = gsn_open_wks ("ps",pname)

> res@xyLineColors = (/"blue"/)

> plot(0) = gsn_csm_xy (wks,t,t&pressure,res) ; create plot

> res@xyLineColors = (/"red"/)

> plot(1) = gsn_csm_xy (wks,s,s&pressure,res) ; create plot

> resP@txString = fili(nf)

> gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/2,1/),resP) ; now draw as one plot

> delete([/t,s/]) ; may change size next file

> end do

> end

> is there any way I can plot the attached profile in one xy plot?

> It would be grateful if you can provide me with the assistance as soon as possible.

> Thanks

> Sachin.

Sachin Ravilesh Nand | Software Engineer (Consultant)
B.C.A (Bangalore University-India)
European Union Global Climate Change Alliance Project.
Pacific Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development.
University of the South Pacific.
E: sachin.nand@usp.ac.fj<mailto:sachin.nand@usp.ac.fj>
T: (+679) 32 32205