Reading ECHAM grib files

From: Marston Johnston <shejo284_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 29 2013 - 05:41:36 MDT

Hi,

I'm trying to extract data from several ECHAM6 grib files using ncl.
Already when I try
and open the file and read the variable names I get warnings. I don't think
the issue with the name is a big deal. Do I need worry about the others? If
so I'm unsure how to solve the problems.

warning:NclGRIB: Unknown grib parameter number detected (24, center 98,
table version 128 grib record 28), using default variable name (VAR_24)
warning:NclGRIB: Unknown grib parameter number detected (25, center 98,
table version 128 grib record 37), using default variable name (VAR_25)

warning:GdsGAGrid: Possible error generating Gaussian latitude coordinates:
continuing anyway
warning:GdsGAGrid: Gaussian latitude coordinate array is partially or
wholly undefined

Sincerely,
/Marston

--