Re: contour plot for small area (0.5 x0.5 degree)

From: Will Hobbs <Will.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 20 2013 - 20:47:17 MDT

Joeky

The generic function gsn_csm_contour() should work.

This will not give you a map outline, however. If your domain is coastal and you need an outline, then maybe overlaying the contour plot onto a map-only plot (gsn_cms_map()) of the RANGS hi-res coastline might work, but I've never done this so I've no idea.

Will

(Info on RANGS: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/rangs.shtml)