(no subject)

From: Marston Johnston <shejo284_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun May 19 2013 - 09:50:51 MDT

Hi,

I'm trying to adapt one of the NCL examples:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/histo_9.ncl

In the NCL example histo_9.ncl, see link above,
it offers to plot histograms onto a map of the globe.
In this example, there is a line:

histogram = gsn_histogram(wks,tp1d,histres)

that both calculates the histogram for a 1D array and plots in at a
certain lat lon coordinate on the map. I would like to exchange this
function for the ability to plot the result of pdfx, another NCL
function for plotting probability density function, on to a global
map. It doesn't seem directly interchangeable and gsn_histogram seems
tailored for this particular plot feature.

Is it possible to plot the PDF instead of the histogram onto a global map?
Thanks in advance,
/M

--
Only the fruitful thing is true!