How to draw sea ice extent contour

From: Mira Berdahl <mberdahl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 31 2013 - 09:32:21 MDT

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has an example or suggestion on how to draw a map
that shows the Sea Ice Extent (say, the median for 10 years), in the
Arctic. I'd just like a single contour that demarks the extent. My input
file is from a CMIP5 simulation, and the data is given as a sea ice
concentration (fraction of the cell covered in ice). I would like to set
the threshold of ice/no ice to 15%. Does anyone have a good idea on how
it is best to approach this? Should I just draw a single contour at 15% -
if so are there examples of this? Or should I plot as categorical data? Or
something else?

Thanks in advance for any help,
MB