Read End-of-file for Fortran Sequential Access

From: Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 <bruce.lunde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 14 2013 - 14:29:01 MDT

Hello,

I have a binary Fortran sequential access file
that I am trying to read with

  setfileoption("bin","ReadByteOrder","BigEndian")
  nssh = fbinrecread(FILESSH, 0, 1, "integer")
  sshlat = fbinrecread(FILESSH, 4, nssh, "float")
  sshlon = fbinrecread(FILESSH, 5, nssh, "float")

The problem is that the file is made up of many
such sections of data (in the same sequence).
Thus the datafile looks something like this:

  nssh1
  sshlat1
  sshlon1
  nssh2
  sshlat2
  sshlon2
  nsshN
  sshlatN
  sshlonN

I do not know how many sections of data there are.
In Fortran I can try to read the next "nsshN" value
and if there is an error/EOF I can specify what to
do (i.e. what line of code to jump to).

Is there some way in NCL to try and do this (catch
the EOF error and continue on in the script) ?

When I do try and read beyond the last data record,
I get this message and this value for nssh:

  warning:fbinrecread: size specified is less than record size, some data will not be read
  nssh=1133733212

Thanks, Bruce