Re: changing the backgournd color of an yx plot/histogramm ...

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 28 2013 - 09:58:51 MDT

Hi Kristina,
One can change the background of a workstation by setting wkBackgroundColor:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/wk.shtml#wkBackgroundColor

See examples here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/color.shtml#ex14
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/radar.shtml#ex5

However, if you only wish to set the background of specific plots in a
panel plot, then the best thing I can think of would be to use
gsn_add_polygon to draw a black polygon. You will also likely want to
specify the draw order of the polygon by specifying tfPolyDrawOrder =
"PreDraw":
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/draworder.shtml#ex1
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/tf.shtml#tfPolyDrawOrder
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml#ex13

There might be a more elegant solution that I don't know of, but
hopefully that all helps. If not, please respond to ncl-talk.
Adam