Re: ShadeLtContour not working!!

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 27 2013 - 10:22:07 MDT

Hi Ahmad,
Without knowing what NCL is picking as your contour levels, this is a
bit difficult to answer.
Note that in the ShadeLtContour documentation it states:
"Note that the shading begins at the first contour level less than
/value/, and not at the specified /value/. Check your plot to make sure
that the results are what you expected. "

Again, not knowing what your contours are makes this a guess, but try
setting this:
plot = ShadeLtContour(plot, 1.51, 3)

That will result in all areas less than the first contour less than 1.51
to be shaded.. If you are not happy with the results, try setting:
res@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
res@cnLevels = ispan(-10,10,1)
plot = gsn_csm_contour(wks,T(1000,:,:),res)
plot = ShadeLtContour(plot, 1.01, 3)

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, you need to tell NCL to not draw
the plot upon the call to gsn_csm_contour and to not advance the frame,
so make sure you include the following lines no matter what:
res@gsnDraw = False
res@gsnFrame = False
In fact, you might want to try adding those two lines first to see if it
fixes the problem.

If the above doesn't help, please let ncl-talk know.
Adam