ESMF_regrid

From: Jiaxin Zhang <jiaxinzhang3_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 08 2013 - 23:00:04 MDT

Dear NCL users,

I am using ESMF_regrid to perform regridding of temperature. Thanks for
your help Mary, now ESMF works.

The main problem that I have is that after running ESMF_regrid to regrid
temperature from 0.5x0.5 to 1x1, and trying two different methods
(“bilinear” and “patch”), there are several grids in the land-water
boundaries that have no interpolated temperature value. Does anyone know
why this happens? What should I do to get regridded temperature values for
the land-water boundaries?

I would need to have interpolated temperature values for all the land grids
(including the ones in the boundaries with water).

Attached are the original netcdf and the code. The attached code also
creates a plot of the original file and the regridded file. If you compare
the plot of the original file with the plot of the interpolated file
(either using “bilinear” or “patch”) seems to have several grids without
interpolated values, in contrast to the original file. I even tried to use
regridding with weights but the problem seems to continue.

I started using “linint2_Wrap” and have the same problem, so I was
recommended to use ESMF instead, but I still do not know how to solve this
problem. What do I need to modify in the attached NCL code? Is it better to
use “Opt@SrcMask2D = where(.not.ismissing(temp),1,0)” or maybe a different
file as a mask instead?

I guess there must be an error somewhere in the code or a different way to
solve this problem. If anyone could please let me know.

Thank you!

Jiaxin