Re: how to draw vector fields with the unstructured grid data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jul 07 2013 - 16:52:05 MDT

Hi Xueming,

Yes, for now, you will need to interpolate your U/V data to a rectilinear (regular) or curvilinear grid.

Or, you can try using the wmvect or wmvectmap procedures to plot single vectors. These two routlines are rather limited. See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wmvect.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wmvectmap.shtml

Or see examples 8 and 9 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/weather_sym.shtml

We do have it high on our list to add capabilities for drawing vectors on unstructured grids, but we're not sure when we'll get to it.

--Mary