Re: About data extraction from HADGEM3

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 16 2013 - 13:05:28 MDT

Ja,

If you are talking about masking your data variable using a shapefile polygon, then we have several examples of this. Go to the page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

and look for the word "mask", or else look at examples:

shapefiles_4.ncl
shapefiles_5.ncl
mask_12.ncl
shapefiles_11.ncl

These functions use the gc_inout function to mask a polygon against a grid, and then set any grid points either inside or outside of that polygon to missing, depending on which values you want to preserve.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/gc_inout.shtml

--Mary