Creating Monthly averages from daily data

From: Shree Sharma <shreeram.iof_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jul 26 2013 - 15:02:02 MDT

ALL:

I am completely new to NCL and trying to create monthly average temperature
from daily data. I have a list of daily temperature data (1 file for each
day in netcdf format) for 1440*720 grids. I am wondering if there is any
way to read each file (total of 365 files per year) and average those 356
files based on month. At the end I will get 12 files consisting of monthly
averages temperature in ascii format. I was able to output the file in
ascii format using ascii_write but was unable to get the montly averages
from daily files.

Any suggestion would be of great help

Thanks
Leo