Re: upper graph

From: Maria Gehne <mgehne_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 06 2013 - 10:09:26 MDT

Hi Mateus,

do you mean you want to set the upper limit of the y axis on your graph
to the maximum value in your data array?
In that case, let's say x is the vector with the data for the period you
are interested in. Define

datamax = max(x)

this gives you the maximum value of x. Then you can use the resources
trYMinF and trYMaxF to set the limits of your y axis. For example:

res = True
res@trYMinF = 0.
res@trYMaxF = datamax
plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks,x&time,x,res)

You can also look at example xy_5.ncl on the NCL website
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml

I hope this answers your question.

Maria

On 08/06/2013 08:17 AM, Mateus Dias Nunes wrote:
> Hello, I wonder if there is some function that I need to limit my
> graph on a given value.
> Since this function to track the maximum data value in the period
> analyzed, because in my graph the values exceed the upper limit.
> I just wish the graph y starts at "zero" and automatically go up to
> the highest value of the data period.
>
> thank you!
> MATEUS DIAS NUNES
> UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DE PELOTAS - UFPEL