Re: gsn_csm_histogram?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 02 2013 - 16:54:55 MDT

Hi Alan,

We have an example of adding your own subtitles to any plot you create.

See example text_12.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml#ex12

Look at the "subtitles" procedure. I think you should be able to copy this procedure to your own script, and use it in the same way it is used in this example:

   . . .
  plot = gsn_histogram(wks,….,res)

  txres = True ; Text resources desired
  txres@txFontColor = "ForestGreen"
  subtitles(wks,plot,"Left string","Center string","Right string",txres)

  draw(plot) ; Drawing the plot will draw the three subtitles attached.
  frame(wks)

--Mary