Superscript subscript

From: Marston Johnston <shejo284_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 14 2013 - 10:11:42 MDT

Hi,

I've been trying to get superscript and subscript to work in NCL v 6.1.2
but to no avail. I've been following the instructions given at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/function_code.shtml

I'm trying to plot some data and include in the long_name attribute a
superscript
with the following format:

lonavg@long_name = "0.25~S~o~N grid"

I checked my .hluresfile and made sure that *TextFuncCode :~ is what was
set.
But still I get the error:

PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 16 (g) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 17 (r) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 18 (i) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE

Just to be complete, I tested: lonavg@long_name = "0.25:S:o:N grid" which
did not return an error but didn't work.

Would appreciate any help with this,
/M