Read the hdf5 files error using NCL

From: Kai Zhang <kzkaizhang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 16 2013 - 09:45:45 MDT

Dear All,

I encountered a problem with reading the hdf5 files with different groups
in it. The files are in
ftp://acdisc.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/s4pa/Aura_MLS_Level2/ML2DGG.003/2004/.

When I do "ncl_filedump", it shows "segmentation error". And also I cannot
use NCL to read, it will come out a lot of sentences I don't understand.

So is there anyone who can help me on how to read such files? What I want
to read is the "HDFEOS/SWATHS/H2O-APrioriR2/Data Fields/L2gpValue"?

Thanks very much! Your help will be very important to me.

Best,

Kai

Kai Zhang
University of Texas at Austin, TX (2012 - )
Graduate Research Assistant,
Jackson School of Geosciences
BS, Peking University, China (2008 - 2012)
Dept. Atmospheric and Oceanic Science, School of Physics
Cellphone: +1 512 520 6902
Email: zhangkai@utexas.edu
          kzkaizhang@gmail.com