Re: Problem with mjoclivar_2.ncl

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Aug 28 2013 - 13:07:47 MDT

Really, it is likely the lines *before* line 77 tell the story.

The mjo_clivar_2 code does print out the dimension names:

;***********************************************************
; Compute daily climatology: raw and then 'smoothed'
;***********************************************************
    xClmDay = clmDayTLL(x, yyyyddd) ; daily clm at each grid point
    printVarSummary(xClmDay)

The message is telling you that 'year_day' is expected.
Something like:

Variable: xClmDay
Type: float
Total Size: 15389568 bytes
             3847392 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [year_day | 366] x [lat | 73] x [lon | 144]
                          ^^^^^^^^^
                          ^^^^^^^^^
Coordinates:
             year_day: [1..366]
             lat: [90..-90]
             lon: [ 0..357.5]
Number Of Attributes: 4
   long_name : Daily Climatology: Daily OLR
   units : W/m^2
   information : Raw daily averages across all years
   smoothing : None

===
Not sure why you are not getting this. What did you change in the code?

As a 'thumb-in-the-dike', after
    xClmDay = clmDayTLL(x, yyyyddd)

add
    xClm!0 = "year_day"