Re: mask 2D lat/lon grid with 1D shapefile

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 27 2013 - 12:02:41 MDT

Leif,

Take a closer look at example 11. It is true that the example data
set has 1-D coordinates. However, the example then proceeds to
convert the 1-D coordinates into 2-D coordinates for calling the mask
function. You could just as easily plug in your lat2d and lon2d
coordinates directly into the mask function call, in place of the
conform_dims expressions. This may be exactly what you want.

--Dave
(All replies to user list, please.)