Memory Issue (NclMalloc Failed)

From: Xi Chang <xi.chang01_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 29 2013 - 14:41:37 MDT

Dear NCL

I have daily datasets from the output of the model, about 150 years.. I do
need to remove the trend and seasonal cycle.. in order to do that, I
normally concantenate the files to be a single file and then apply a
detrending function etc. However since the concatenating file is really
large (10 Gb), I just wonder, whether there is any way to remove the
seasonal cycle or trend in the daily data *without* concatenate all the
files (in order to avoid the memory error of *NclMalloc Failed)*.

Thank you for a great trick and suggestion.

Xi.