Re: which binary - amazon linux

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 06 2013 - 10:56:56 MDT

Hi Micah,

This is the first Amazon Linux question we've received, so bear with me!

It appears that Amazon Linux is based on RedHat, so you should be able to use one of our RedHat binaries.

I can't tell if it is 32-bit or 64-bit, so I would assume 64-bit for now.

The other question is which RedHat release it is based on. It looks like maybe REHL 5 is where it started, but I'm not sure if it is still on that.

I would start with this binary:

ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.Linux_RHEL5.6_x86_64_gcc444.tar.gz

If that doesn't work, then either let me know what the error is, or else try this one next:

ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.Linux_RHEL6.2_x86_64_gcc446.tar.gz

I don't have any 32-bit RHEL binaries, but if you think you need a 32-bit binary and not a 64-bit binary, then try this one:

ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.Linux_CentOS5.9_i686_gcc412.tar.gz

You can quickly test NCL by downloading one of these files in some temporary directory and typing:

   tar -zxvf ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.Linux_RHEL5.6_x86_64_gcc444.tar.gz
   setenv NCARG_ROOT `pwd` ; or export NCARG_ROOT=`pwd`
   bin/ncl -V

If it is the wrong binary, you should get some error message that will hopefully tell you what the issue is. Otherwise, you should get the output:

6.1.2

--Mary