NCL - read/write netcdf problem

From: Justin B <justin.beaudry_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 17 2013 - 13:38:50 MDT

Hi,

I am using the following code snippet

begin
     in =
addfile("/storage/jbeaudry/WRFV3/test/em_real/folder/wrfout_d01_2011-06-29_00:00:
00.nc","w")

ZSU = (/0.5,0.7,0.9,1.2/)

in->ZSU=(/ZSU/)
end

When I try to replace the old ZSU values with the new ones I keep getting
the error
fatal:Dimension sizes of left hand side do not match right hand side (the
line in->ZSU=(/ZSU/)

I understand the problem but can't get around it. I am certain that the
elements/variables are the same, that is ZSU has 4 values as found by
ncdump but this code does not work. I've tried it for single value
variables, that is only 1 value and it works fine (I confirmed using ncdump
before and after running the code)

Any help would be great..

Thank you,

Justin Beaudry