Re: Change line size in fill pattern

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 24 2013 - 14:39:28 MDT

Hi Oli,
Unfortunately, the only fill pattern that allows any control over the size of the elements making up the fill is pattern 17, the stipple dot fill pattern. For this pattern, there is a scalar contouring resource 'cnFillDotSizeF' that sets the size of the dots (it is not currently possible to have varying dot sizes for different fill areas). As of now, the only way to control the density of the line-derived patterns is to set the Fill Scale, which evidently you do not want.
We can look into adding new resources to allow control of the thickness of the lines in the patterns. However, it may be awhile because it looks like it would require new low level code, and to be honest I believe this is the first request we have had for this feature. It would be easier to add an array resource to allow control by contour level of the dot size for pattern 17.
 -dave

>>> res@cnMonoFillScale = True ; want patterns w/ diff densities
>>> res@cnFillLineSizeF = 5.0