Re: Text from code onto plot and map background

From: <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 27 2013 - 07:50:56 MDT

Hi Melissa,

If your first question is how to place arbitrary text on a plot, then
take a peek at gsn_text_ndc:

     http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_text_ndc.shtml

Note that text is positioned via NDC coordinates. You might also want
to check out the gsFont* and gsTest* resources at:

     http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gs.shtml

In particular, as you want right-edge positioning, it would seem like
gsTextJustification might be handy in getting the text positioned
nicely.

On the second question, if you want the plot view to be only your area
of interest, check out the resource mpLimitMode:

     http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/mp.shtml

it seems like one of the settings "LatLon" or "corners" is what you
want.

I hope that helps...
Rick