Re: Reference vector not shown

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 11 2013 - 10:52:13 MDT

Hi Luis,

This is quite curious -- I looked at WRFUserARW.ncl, and although the function wrf_vector() sets vcRefAnnOn to False by default, there's code in there to preserve whatever value vcRefAnnOn has if you explicitly set it in the resources you pass into wrf_vector(). And seems confirmed by the fact when you set it, it triggered the "…not a valid resource…" warning. I tried to trace where this warning message comes from, but I could not find it.

So I'm not sure what to suggest here. If you wanted to post your data and script to our FTP site, I could trace the problem further (see http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP)

BTW: The fontconfig error is a nusaunce, but otherwise harmless.

Rick