Systemfunc Not Working

From: Ghassan J. Alaka, Jr. <gusalaka_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 18 2013 - 12:26:38 MDT

Dear NCL-Talk,

Suddenly, I cannot use "systemfunc" within NCL. I just get missing values
returned in the NCL scripts that I've used for years. I running version
6.0.0.

*Date does not work within systemfunc():*
 Copyright (C) 1995-2011 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0> print(systemfunc("date"))
(0) -2147483647

*Date works in the terminal:*
galaka@telchines-->date
Fri Oct 18 12:22:14 MDT 2013

Any idea what could have happened and how to fix it?

--
Ghassan J. Alaka, Jr., Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Atmospheric Science