Re: delete spaces around the figure

From: Brandon Kerns <bkerns_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 14:37:22 MDT

Lijun,

What I usually do us use ImageMagick to crop the image.

Here's an Imagemagick command that works and yields the attached image:

convert -crop 100%x60%+0+200 tmp.png tmp_crop.png.png

The grid can help you figure out how much to crop, but you probably want
to plot it without the grid.

If you plot without the grid, this should also work:
convert -trim tmp.png tmp_crop.png.png

You can also use GIMP or Inkscape or even Microsoft Paint to do it manually.

-Brandon

On 10/14/2013 03:56 PM, Lijun Diao wrote:
> Hi, all:
> I have a plot attached, you can see there are spaces both above and
> below the actual figure. How can I make those spaces dispear, or in
> other words, let the figure occupy the page as much as possible? The
> purpose is to insert the plot into word file, you know, extra spaces
> are not good.
> The reources are:
> res = True
> res@gsnPaperOrientation = "Landscape"
> res@gsnMaximize = True
> res@vpXF = 0.16
> res@vpYF = 0.8
> res@vpWidthF = 0.8
> res@vpHeightF = 0.4
> thanks,
> Lijun Diao
> ldiao@uh.edu
> Research Assistant
> Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
> University of Houston
> 4800 Calhoun RD., Bldg. S&R1-312
> Houston, TX 77204-5007

***            Dr. Brandon Kerns            ***
***           Assistant Scientist           ***
***  Meteorology and Physical Oceanography  ***
***       University of Miami/RSMAS         ***