Re: terrain vertical cross sectional

From: Ahmed Lasheen <ahmed4kernel_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 15 2013 - 14:09:41 MST

Thanks for you replay
I am sorry for the previous follow up, I didn't take care.
About the TOPO file , I mean this one
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/topo.shtml
what I am trying to do is to overly the ETOPO over the previous image that
I attached (vertical structure of zonal wind )
The height variable in ETOPO is
   float z ( y, x )
         long_name : z
         _FillValue : -nan
         actual_range : ( -10722, 8046 )

But in the wind data from Era interim
short u ( time, levelist, latitude, longitude )
         scale_factor : 0.002099522942989685
         add_offset : 20.30875252783826
         _FillValue : -32767
         missing_value : -32767
         units : m s**-1
         long_name : U velocity

The ETOPO file has no level list at all .

I don't know exactly how to overly those two, although one of them "Z(x,y)"
has no level list. on either gsn_csm_pres_hgt or gsm_csm_contour.

or I have to use just convert U from pressure to sigma coordinate.
What I am trying to do is like the attached figure here. that figure
is cross section flow from Open Grads
http://cookbooks.opengrads.org/index.php?title=Recipe-023:_Drawing_Terrain_in_Arbitrary_Cross_Sections

Ahmed L. Shaaban | Graduate Student
Department of Atmospheric and Environmental science(DEAS).
State University of New York, University (SUNY) at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222