Re: Vertically integrated moisture fluxes across the lateral boundaries

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 15 2013 - 09:00:22 MST

There can't be a ready function for everything.
Most frequently, users must do some programming.

==

Is the following what you are asking?

  result = SUM[ MoistureFlow*delta ] ; delta = dx or dy

==
Note1: MoistureFlow [ie: u*q or v*q ] is a non-linear quantity.
        Ideally, you should be using the most frequently sampled
        data available. In meteorology, this might be every 3, 6
        12 or 24 hours. If you are using monthly mean u/v/q,
        you would be underestimating the true moisture flow.
==
You sent monthly mean data ... [again, you should use more
frequently sampled variables] a 'toy' script is attached.

Note2: the 'boxes' in the figure you attached are small enough that
        spatial weighting is not really necessary.

==
See attached