Re: terrain vertical cross sectional

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 11 2013 - 15:59:58 MST

The Y coordinate array of the data array you pass to gsn_csm_pres_hgt must be a pressure array, and not a height array. That's why the error message is complaining about the units of "the first dimension", which refers to the leftmost dimension.

The gsn_csm_pres_hgt script is basically the same as gsn_csm_contour, except for the following:

  - It expects a Y coordinate pressure array in pascals, millibars, or hecto-pascals
  - It reverses the Y axis and uses a log scale
  - It puts height values on the right Y axis

I recommend using gsn_csm_contour if you are not interested in the above.

--Mary