convert grib to netcdf

From: <yonghuiw_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 12 2013 - 16:11:41 MST

Hi,

I want to convert some data of grib to netcdf format so that I can use it
for NCL plot. However, during the conversion. I got the following warning

ncl_convert2nc gribfile_grid1_2006070100.grb
Processing file: gribfile_grid1_2006070100.grb...
 Copyright (C) 1995-2013 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.2
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:GribOpenFile: Grid Description Section not consistent with NCEP
documention of grid 104; using GDS values for variables with this grid
Classic model NetCDF does not support string types, converting
initial_time0 to a character array
Dimension 'ncl_strlen_0' will be added

I use ncdump to view the variables of the converted netcdf file and it
looks OK. However, I'm still
wonder if the conversion is correct.

Since the grib file is too large, I didn't upload it here.

Best wishes,

Yonghui