Re: False Positives with isfilepresent()

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 27 2013 - 12:29:59 MST

Hi Bill,
The problem is with NCL's approach of looking for alternative names for files that could be in a supported format. If you use addfile to open a file called
"foo.bar.nc", and it is not found, then NCL looks for a file without the ".nc" extension (i.e. "foo.bar") and tries to open it as a NetCDF file. Of course, when using addfile, if the file turns out not to be NetCDF, you would get an error message, but currently isfilepresent does not actually test to see whether the alternately named file is truly a NetCDF file. Your scenario suggests that it should. I will create a ticket for this issue.
 -dave