Re: Unsigned/Signed bytes in NCL

From: Lisa Alexander <lisa_s_a_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 27 2013 - 10:54:22 MST

Hi Rick,

Here is the variable summary:

Variable: ref
Type: byte
Total Size: 39942400 bytes
            39942400 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [y | 6320] x [x | 6320]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 2
  missing_value : -99
  units : dBz

I was able to get around the issue by using a byte2flt conversion for the variable, but I was just wondering if there was a better way to read the byte data from the file so this conversion is not necessary?

Thanks for your help,
Lisa