Skew-T CAPE overestimation

From: Gökhan Sever <gokhansever_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 22 2013 - 12:16:44 MST

Hello,

I am trying to plot the sounding provided in "em_squall2d_x" test case of
WRF. This is the idealized sounding used in Weisman and Klemp (1982).
Attached shows this sounding a skew-T plotted NCL's function (modified
skewt_2.ncl of http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/skewt.shtml).

To plot, I first ran an idealized simulation in WRF and passed the data
into the script to get a profile at 0 model initialization time and at the
first x,y grid points. Temperature and dew point profile looks fine,
however CAPE seems to be overestimated by a factor of 2. What would be
causing this? Any suggestions? I could provide the data and script that are
used to create this plot. Thanks.

--
Gökhan