Re: Gradient wind

From: Tim Baker <cm06tb_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 29 2013 - 08:04:11 MST

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at them, but of no real help for this. Gradient wind requires calculation of curvature of flow, along with the pressure gradient force and the Coriolis force.

I know it has been done using GEMPAK but thought someone might have calculated it in NCL for tropical cyclone research.

Cheers
Tim
-----
Timothy Baker
Research Postgraduate
Room 9.157,
Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science,
School of Earth and Environment,
University of Leeds, Woodhouse Lane,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK.

Tel: 01133435605